Jan

Videos of Donncha’s WordPress talk at BarCamp Ireland South East

I compressed them a lot to reduce upload time on ADSL but the sound quality is ok.

The first segment is all about WordPress itself:

The second has more on WordPress but also a lot on working in a global virtual team and working from home:

Both well worth viewing.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

About Conor O'Neill

5 Comments for this entry

Donncha O Caoimh
January 22nd, 2007 on 6:53 pm

Oh goody! Thanks for recording it. I’ll have to get sound working on my desktop box again because the volume on my Macbook is simply way too low!

keith bohanna
January 22nd, 2007 on 8:24 pm

Deadly, thanks Conor – the home working part of this is one I missed and heard about a lot from attendees

keith

Conor
January 22nd, 2007 on 9:15 pm

It’s missing the last few minutes as I ran out of tape (and the first few minutes cos I arrived late). But I think it was just wrapping up at that stage. Luckily the room was very quiet so the volume isn’t too bad on it.

If we get Joe’s tape then maybe we can cover the two gaps.

Ken McGuire
January 25th, 2007 on 5:33 pm

Excellent stuff :) Really enjoyed the talk, and great to have access to it on video!

Conor
January 25th, 2007 on 5:51 pm

It is overly compressed so I need to play more with the different codecs in general. Most of them created enormous files.

Why is all consumer video editing software so awful? I ended up buying Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 Suite last year. Total garbage. A bunch of non-integrated apps with single front-end. Most of them crash randomly, require re-installs, give errors on boot, or just plain won’t work. VideoWave8 kept hitting 100% CPU utilisation by just selecting meu options. Shockingly I think the free MS Movie Maker thing is a better piece of software.

2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks for this entry

We are live from BarCamp South East! at Holy Shmoly!, January 23rd, 2007 on 9:56 am

[...] Conor O’Neill has posted videos of my talk on his blog. I could embed them here, but he went to all the trouble of uploading them, so go visit his blog and check them out. There are bits there about scaling WPMU by hashing blog_ids and partitioning databases, as well as how to get past the 32,000 file limit of ext2/ext3 in the blogs.dir files directory. Also, if you work from home I discuss my experiences doing the same, and communicating within a virtual company. [...]

WordPress Wednesday: Custom Fields Contest and Lots of WordPress.com News at The Blog Herald, February 7th, 2007 on 8:42 am

[...] works within a virtual office. A second part talks about working from home. Conor O’Neill has videos of his talk, [...]